Best Dash Cam Reviews 2017
Introduction – what are “dash cams”?
Essentially, a “car dash cam” is a simple camera that is supposed to sit atop your dashboard, recording the events that transpire during your voyages. Make no mistake, though, car dash cams aren’t “ordinary” cameras. They’re supposed to pass a certain criteria before they can be labeled as “dash cams”:
- High Display Resolution – you won’t have much use of your car dash cam if you can’t notice all the small details in the recordings
- Wide angle – most events can only be taken if the camera is fast, but even the fastest car dash cams are useless if the angle is low
- Special functions – one of the most important function/technology that every car dash cam has is the “G-sensor”, or the “Gravity Motion Sensor” technology
Reviews of the best front and rear dash cam models
Let’s begin with Kidcia’s Dash Cam. Generally, this model is in the middle price point category, but it’s well worth the cash – it features a superb 4K resolution, it comes outfitted with built-in GPS and WIFI features, and it includes the G-Sensor tech and Loop recording in the overall outfit.
First of all, everyone searching for the best dash cam wants a HD resolution. Well, Kidcia’s cam is capable of filming videos in 2880 by 2160 pixels at 24 frames per second (alternatively, you can enjoy your recordings at 1920 by 1080 pixels at 60 frames per second).
The built-in features are truly amazing, starting with the WIFI. Glitches and bugs are a common problem nowadays, but you can rest assured that you’ll easily evade them with these conventional features (switch between manual or app control anytime).
Last, but not least, the “G-Sensor” technology is there for your security. This technology is complemented by advanced motion detection scanners, filming any mischievous characters along the way. Needless to say, this one is worth your time and money.
- Great 4K resolution
- Conventional built-in features
- G-sensor technology for improved safety and security
- Massive value for the buck
- The app for this camera is pretty great, but not that easy to use
Anker brings you the “Roav Dash Cam C1” – one of the best car dash cam models on the market. Even though it might not look like it, the Roav C1 is exceptionally versatile, not to mention reliable under various circumstances.
First of all, Roav will give you a crystal-clear overview of your recordings, all taken in HD 1080p, both at night or daytime. Secondly, the ROAV application gives you instant access to your recordings, allowing you to download or manage them safe and easy.
Just like any other high-quality dash cam, the Roav C1 features gravity and motion sensors that will activate your C1 during bumps, hit-and-runs, and similar situations. Even though this is not so common, the C1 features superb resistance to temperatures, especially high ones.
The package includes the Roav C1 dash cam, Anker’s 2-port car charger, a micro USB cable, the user’s manual, and 12-month replacement warranty, which is more than you’ll get from similar products for the price.
- Comes outfitted with a set of premium-quality features
- Highly resistant to extreme temperatures
- Outstanding resolution and video quality
- Great Roav C1 app for easier control
- Even though this camera is resistant to high temperatures, the screen might flicker randomly
Here we’re looking at one of the best front and rear dash cam models made by “360”. This car dash cam is capable of capturing videos in high display at a broad angle – you’ll have no trouble filming in 1920 by 1080p at 30 frames per second with the 165-degree angle lens, as it will reduce the number of blind spots.
This remarkable car dash cam comes outfitted with the Ambarella’s chip (A12A55), Aptina’s image sensor (AR238), and E-HDR tech CMOS, allowing for pristine-clear night vision and videos of the highest quality during daytime.
If that’s not enough to reassure you, there’s a complementary outfit of features, including a SD card of 16 gigabytes and the Bluetooth remote button.
- Outstanding video quality
- Broad angle reduces the number of blind spots
- Good for daytime and nighttime recording
- Awesome key specs configuration
- Doesn’t excel in any particular field of performance (well-balanced without sticking out)
Rexing’s V1 car dash cam is one of the most expensive models in our review (costs a few bucks more, essentially), but for a good reason. Namely, this dashboard camera features a superior storage space when compared to others, it comes supplied with the latest “G-Sensor” tech, and its lens covers the 170-degree area.
Needless to say, the 1080P fullHD resolution at 30 frames per second is the most notable feature. Other than that, the wide coverage complements the G-sensors without fail. The only bad thing is that there are no complimentary features, but hey, you’ll get the best dash cam in the price range, what more do you need?
- Supports the largest external memory cards (although, they’re sold separately)
- Superb G-sensor technology
- Widest area coverage with 170-degree angle
- Great fullHD resolution
- A bit pricey
- No complimentary features
Just like the previous model was the priciest one, Akaso’s D2000 is the cheapest one. Nevertheless, this one is more than capable of following up with the best car dash cam models we’ve come across, as it features wide area coverage, great HD resolution, and an exquisite outfit of functions and settings.
Even though it’s cheap, this car dash cam allows for dynamic auto-adjustable recordings to be taken with the WDR function. On top of that, you’ll also be able to use the Collision detection Gravity Sensors (G-sensor technology) and loop recording features. Overall, the D2000 does a major bang for the buck.
- Highly affordable
- Great set of features
- WDR function, loop recording, and Collision detection settings
- Wide area coverage
- The performance of D2000 is a bit lower than that of high-end car dash cams
Finding the best car dash cam isn’t too hard, but it surely isn’t easy. Now, to make the job a bit simpler, we’ve made this review of the best car dash cams on the market, so feel free to browse through our humble selection.