Top 9 Best Wood Steering Wheels For Your Car
I understand the distress of seeping through the ton of wood steering wheel options like durability, price, and maintenance requirements.
But I’m here to help you relieve the frustration. Recently, I conducted a survey that evaluates the best wood steering wheels in the market.
During the survey, I landed on the goose that laid the golden egg and I’ll like to share this with you. Are you ready?
Let me give you a quick tip.
Always remember that this is about personal preference. So you should have a mental picture of what you want to purchase and other features it must possess.
Do you want a wood steering wheel with 3 or 4 spokes? You want your wheel wrapped in a silver color?
All these questions should be answered before we move further.
If you’ve always wanted to give your car a more swanky vibe, a classic wheel with wood grain by NRG will do a nice job.
This is a special edition NRG Steering Wheel. The wood grain design gives it a more premium appearance. It’s a great way to improve the look of any vehicle that you own. The chrome spokes are a nice added touch that will add some sparkle to your vehicle. The wheel comes complete with all of the tools you need to install and adjust it.
- It weighs 3 pounds.
- Colored in chrome and made from wood
- Both the grip size and diameter have a 330mm grip size.
- It is more durable.
- Gives your car an elegant interior.
- Only installs with steering wheel adapter by NRG, ISOTTA, or MOMO.
- Extra expenses for the adapter.
Grant is a household name among steering wheel manufacturers and this 313 Classic Wood Wheel surpasses your expectations.
The first thing you’ll notice is that the Grant steering wheel is very different. Rather than being made from a solid piece of wood, this wheel uses plywood for the core and a synthetic material for the rest. This makes it lighter than wood wheels and offers a smooth texture without splinters. There are a number of benefits to choosing this wheel over its wood counterpart: The synthetic material isn’t as prone to water damage, doesn’t rot as easily, is easier to keep clean, and it costs about half as much.
- It has universal fitness.
- The vehicle Service type is passenger.
- Weighs 3.5 pounds.
- The wood used for the design is well-polished and genuine.
- The anodized aluminum rivets will give your car a sporty look.
- Not compatible with Euro or Grant Billet installation tools.
Founded by an Italian race driver, Moretti Gianpero, in 1964, Momo has always been a leader in the industry.
And this Heritage California steering wheel is specially designed to give you the best driving experience anytime you’re holding the wheel.
No doubt, it is one of the best wood steering wheels.
MOMO is the leader in aftermarket steering wheels, offering a complete selection of high quality parts and accessories. The California wheel is the latest offering from MOMO, and is a perfect addition to any vehicle, including the BMW 3 Series, MINI Cooper, MINI Hardtop, MINI Convertible, BMW 1 Series, and many more. The MOMO Cal36WD0P California wheel comes in four different finishes: Black, Carbon Fiber, Chrome, and Matte Black.
The wheel is constructed of lightweight, aluminum, and is available in a range of sizes, ranging from 15 inches to 20 inches. The wheel is available with a choice of 17″ or 18″ diameter and is designed to complement the interior and exterior styling of the car, while providing the driver with a comfortable driving experience.
- Made of genuine mahogany wood and colored in wood grain.
- The wheel’s grip size is 360mm.
- It has 3 spokes with 5 holes in each.
- Gives maximum durability and excellent quality.
- Designed to give you steady and hitch-free performance.
- Delivery duration takes longer.
If the steering wheel doesn’t satisfy your need for style and luxury, why not opt for a Nardi steering wheel? Made of high quality mahogany wood, the Nardi steering wheel is made using a deep-dish design, which makes it extremely durable. In addition, the spokes are made of stainless steel. This unique design is easy to clean and maintain, and it also comes in various colours.
If you really want a steering wheel that enhances your car’s interior, this Nardi Steering Wheel is for you.
- The wheel has a 350mm diameter size.
- It has a concave dish in the black spokes.
- Made of wood and aluminum.
- Classic horn button.
- Gives a striking and irresistible match with the natural wood.
- Very durable
- No kinks.
- Requires hub adapter.
- It is very expensive.
Also of Italian origin, Nardi hit the steering-wheel manufacturing industry running in the 1930s when an Italian driver, Nardi Enrico, designed racing cars before and after the 2nd World War.
The Nardi Steering Wheel is a steering wheel for cars and trucks made famous by Ferrari. In fact, the first Ferrari steering wheels were made by Nardi, and its products remain in production today. The design of the wheel is very simple: two round spokes, the outer one being larger than the inner, and both spokes are connected at the hub with a central hub, which provides stability.
- Built from mahogany wood.
- All the 3 spokes are polished.
- The wheel has a 390mm grip size.
- Universal fit type.
- Very durable.
- Beautifies the car’s interior.
- Fast delivery.
- Very expensive.
- Not compatible with other brands’ hubs except if you buy an adapter ring.
Styled by W-Power, this vintage steering wheel is a nice upgrade for your vehicle and enhances your time at the wheel.
This is your sure ticket to improved performance at the wheel. Five-star!
- Made from genuine black leather grip of the highest quality.
- It has 3 spokes with one hole in each.
- Weighs 6 pounds with a grip size of 18 inches.
- Helps you maintain balance and control at the wheel.
- Compatible with any 6-hole steering wheel hub adapter.
- Well-packaged in a hard box to avoid breakage.
- The leather might start tearing after a few months of use.
Since 2003, this is one of the earlier manufacturers in the market still moving at a rocket speed.
But does it earn a spot as one of the best wood steering wheels? Of course.
- Colored in classic dark/black chrome.
- Made of wood.
- The 3 spokes at the center have one hole each.
- Weighs 3 pounds.
- Gives you a comfy vibe anytime you’re driving.
- Very durable.
- Looks elegant.
- Not economical.
Classic Nostalgia GM Wheel has a black foam fluffy grip with 3 stainless and polished steel spokes.
A classic GM steering wheel from the 90’s is the perfect example of how to execute a successful car promotion. The image is iconic, and GM did well in connecting the wheel with their brand. They used the product as a visual and emotional hook for customers, and made sure they had multiple variations available to suit the buyer’s needs.
- The rim is black while the spoke is stainless steel.
- The grip size is 15 inches.
- Luxurious Chevrolet bowtie-like horn button.
- 15″ Diameter wheel with 4 1/8″ dish.
- Has a horn button.
- Black foam fluffy grip.
- Enough room to stabilize your hands on the wheel.
- Only works with the Grant installation kit.
This is a combo of the best quality aluminum and wood. It’s a universal fit with a single horn button, so you don’t have to worry about not suiting your vehicle.
At the core of this type of steering wheel is the fact that it has a center that resembles a classic steering wheel. However, its edges are rounded. The result is a softness that gives it a luxurious feel. The appearance of the center is similar to that of a traditional steering wheel. Its shape looks like the one seen in classic cars.
- Made of wood with 40mm depth.
- Weighs 2.74 pounds.
- Grip size of 350 mm.
- Adds comfort and vogue to your vehicle.
- All relevant hardware is included.
- It has a horn button.
- There are no installation instructions.
To wrap it up, the best gift you can get yourself as far as driving is concerned is a steering wheel that works best for your vehicle.
Since we’ve considered the best wood steering wheels, the ball is now in your court to make a choice and I’m sure you won’t regret it.
This is your time to hit the road afresh!
How Do You Clean a Wood Steering Wheel?
Whether you’re in the market for a new car, or you just want to give your current ride a fresh coat of paint, knowing how to clean a wood steering wheel is an important step to making sure your vehicle looks great. Most importantly, you need to understand that any time you perform an oil change, you should also have your wheels thoroughly cleaned. The reason is simple: dust and grime that settle onto your wheels can actually cause damage to your vehicle’s drivetrain.
Cleaning process is simaple: Get a dry cloth to wipe the steering wheel clean and then give it some wood polish.
How Regular Should You Clean the Wheel?
Well, I’ll suggest you make it a daily habit. Always wipe dirt, dust, and grime off the wheel before you hit the road.
This’ll prevent dirt accumulation and you’ll also leave a healthier life.