Buyers Guide For The Best Aftermarket Steering Wheels
Have you noticed that many drivers and car enthusiasts are removing the steering wheels that came with their vehicles and replacing them with aftermarket steering wheels?
Well, I think the reason is obvious and I’ll like to share everything I’ve learned about aftermarket steering wheels with you.
To make it easier for you, I’ve worked on the best aftermarket steering wheels on the market.
If you could give me your full attention, you’re about to hit a gold mine. Let’s get to it.
Best aftermarket steering wheels offer the best look and feel for your car. They also have some great features that are rarely found in factory steering wheels. They come in a variety of styles and sizes, and have different designs depending on your vehicle. Most aftermarket steering wheels have an appearance similar to your factory steering wheel.
You need to be on the lookout for certain features and materials like polished wood, perforated leather, grip pads, universal fitness, all-aluminum construction, etc.
Watch out for them and you’re halfway into getting a perfect aftermarket steering wheel.
If you need a perfect steering wheel for your sports car, NRG Innovations RST-006BK should do a nice job.
This innovative new wheel features a high-density, high-strength, aluminum alloy hub that provides a solid foundation for a stronger, longer-lasting wheel. The hub includes reinforced spokes to improve the strength of the spoke-to-hub connection and prevent damage caused by impact or corrosion.
- It has a stylish leather design and 350mm grip size.
- Weighs 3 pounds of weight.
- It has a horn button at the center.
- Makes your sports car feel fast without violating speed limits.
- Easy to use.
- The black design looks classy.
- The leather’s quality is inspiring.
- Not economical.
For all kinds of steering wheel piston rings, engine overhaul kits, and other automotive needs, Grant is your eldorado.
But there’s one steering wheel that caught my attention, it’s the 3.5-pound 838 classic wheel.
It’s the company’s first wheel ever designed and it still rocks the industry!
- Specially built with chrome finish steel spokes and a 13½” diameter grip.
- Colored in black and silver.
- It has 3 holes in each spoke.
- It has a matching horn button.
- Has an extra fluffy black vinyl foam that gives you a lump of class and comfort.
- Not compatible with Grant 4000 or 3000 series installation tools.
This is a 4.4-pound vintage black sparkled wood steering wheel designed by NRG Innovations.
No doubt, it’s one of the best aftermarket steering wheels in our contemporary age.
NRG Reinforced’s steering wheel is a great example of what we mean by the art of designing a product. They wanted to build a steering wheel that could handle the weight of the average car, while remaining simple to operate and appealing to drivers.
To do this, they had to get creative. In order to design a steering wheel that would survive the harsh weather conditions, they chose to reinforce the wheel with high-tensile steel that was coated with the company’s own patented coating. It was this coating that gave the wheel its characteristic black color, and also made the reinforcement process much easier.
- The Black Sparkled Flake Wood Grain wheel has a 350mm grip size.
- Sturdy construction.
- Gives an extra edge of styling and dominance.
- Boosts the aesthetics of your car’s interior.
- Gives maximum control anytime you’re driving.
- The wheel’s spoke has no hole.
Imagine how posh your entire car will look when you get a red PVC racing steering wheel.
This is your chance to get an aftermarket steering wheel that vests you with full synchronization over your car.
- It has a lightweight design (approximately 3.00 lbs).
- It has anodized spokes and a horn button.
- Compatible with any regular 70mm racing hub adapters (6-bolt) like Momo, Sparco, Nardi, etc.
- Made of superb aluminum and glazed with vinyl leather.
- Grace to make turns with little effort
- More fitting for racing cars.
A huge selling point for the Dolity 12.6-inch aluminum steering wheel is that it is multi-purpose.
It’s not only your pickup trucks and classic cars that get to enjoy the wheel, your boats are also included.
And I think all these mouthwatering features earn it a top place as one of the best aftermarket steering wheels.
- The steering wheel has a 345 mm grip size.
- 3 spokes.
- A carbon fiber model.
- A ¾-inch shaft PU.
- Designed to be more durable and rebellious to the harsh marine environment.
- Grooving your fingers along the wheel’s back is enough to have a secure and comfy grip.
- Your vessel, marine boat, pontoon boat, and the yacht can enjoy the luxury and fancy feel.
- Not economical.
Grant 414 Challenger has an exclusive dual-plane concept that houses the 4 spokes.
This explains why many car enthusiasts and race drivers dubbed it a “world-class look”.
- Colored in black and brown.
- Non-directional 3 spokes with no holes.
- Black center cap.
- Mostly used on waters.
- Black fluffy foam grip.
- Compatible with 3000 or 4000 series installation tools.
- The 8-bolt pattern around the horn button is not functional.
This wheel is designed by Hansshow Yoke to give you a phenomenal feeling of Tesla.
That’s a perfect combo and that’s why our conversation on the best aftermarket steering wheels is incomplete until we mention this wheel.
HANS is a company that produces steering wheels for various manufacturers, including Tesla Motors. They started their collaboration with Tesla in 2012 and since then have created four different steering wheels for the electric car manufacturer. The latest wheel was introduced in March 2017 and was named the Yoke Steering Wheel. The wheel was unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, which took place in July.
- Built into a racing-custom Ellipse shape.
- It has 4 spokes.
- Manufactured with 100% real leather, carbon fiber, and Alcantara.
- It is designed in a factory top technology to confirm the quality of OEM fitness.
- It has no white lamp when you alter the middle carbon fiber panel.
- The heated feature only works with Model 3/Y.
Kyostar has made its mark in the industry of after market car parts. The company has made a series of quality products for all kinds of cars. This particular product is the steering wheel. The steering wheel is used to steer the car while driving. The steering wheel is essential for the car.
The black 2.55-pound Kyostar wheel is made of alloy spokes and cloaked with real leather.
It has an exquisite and fashionable design that transforms the look of your car’s interior. And if you’re interested in getting the best aftermarket steering wheel, this is for you.
- The wheel has universal fitness.
- The 350mm size gives nice handling.
- It has a horn button, horn wire, and screws.
- Longlasting and lightweight.
- Compatible with most standard hub adapters.
- You can’t install the wheel if you don’t have a short hub.
Now that you know changing your steering wheel makes the vehicle perform to its maximum potential, what next?
All you have to do is keep all the discussed features and materials in mind as you get your aftermarket steering wheel. That’s your ticket to a blissful time on the road.
Do Aftermarket Steering Wheels Fit Any Car?
Before the 1970s, aftermarket steering wheels were typically installed on trucks. Today, aftermarket steering wheels are popular accessories for cars, minivans, and SUVs. They’re available in a wide array of styles and materials, but are particularly popular for sporty models. You can install an aftermarket steering wheel in your car or truck in just a few minutes.
Not all aftermarket wheels fit in every car.
But there’s a way out. Before you purchase your aftermarket steering wheel, I’ll suggest you check the web for more specifications, details, and dimensions.
How Do You Measure Your Aftermarket Steering Wheel?
This is a simple but important question. The answer should be obvious. Aftermarket products are designed to fix and repair original equipment, like steering wheels. So why would you need a market research study for a wheel? Think about how people talk about aftermarket parts. If you’re a car enthusiast, you’ll hear talk of “OEM parts” or “genuine parts” or “aftermarket parts” — all used interchangeably and without further explanation.
A study to see if consumers care about these distinctions may be useful, but don’t expect any kind of scientific validity to your conclusions. The more you can find out about the buyer and the behavior they exhibit, the more you can create a tailored marketing campaign that gets them to act.
To measure your wheel, draw a tape measure across your wheel, from one end to the other.
Most steering wheels are around 14-17.5 inches (36-44 cm) in diameter.